This job is no longer available
At Fujitsu, we have an exciting opportunity for a Pension Specialist to join our pension department. Reporting to the Pensions Communications and Projects Manager, the Pension Specialist has day to day responsibility for supporting the senior members of the team. The primary purpose of the pensions team is to ensure the smooth running of the pension plans operated for employees of Fujitsu. Fujitsu has three main pension arrangements and a number of legacy schemes.
Fujitsu UK and Ireland is a leading IT systems, services and products company employing 12,000 people with an annual revenue of £1.7 billion. Its business is in enabling its customers to realise their objectives by exploiting information technology through its integrated product and service portfolio. This includes consulting, applications, systems integration, managed services and product for customers in the private and public sectors including retail, financial services, telecoms, central and local government, defence and consumer sectors.
At Fujitsu, we have an exciting opportunity for a Pension Specialist to join our pension department. Reporting to the Pensions Communications and Projects Manager, the Pension Specialist has day to day responsibility for supporting the senior members of the team. The primary purpose of the pensions team is to ensure the smooth running of the pension plans operated for employees of Fujitsu. Fujitsu has three main pension arrangements and a number of legacy schemes. The pensions department has responsibility for
• ICL Group Pension Plan (closed, defined benefit),
• Fujitsu Comparable Pension Scheme (defined benefit)
• Fujitsu UK Pension Plan (defined contribution).
The pensions team provide and oversee services, across each pension arrangement, including;
Governance, Strategic consulting, Supplier management, Administration, Risk benefits, Financial Management, Secretary to Trustee, Investment support and Actuarial valuation support.
The Pension Specialist is responsible for providing support to the senior members of the team, over each of the above services to all the relevant Fujitsu pension arrangements.
As a Pension Specialist your responsibilities will include:
• Day to day operational support of the senior members of the team, including dealing with suppliers and external advisers, such as legal advisers, investment managers, auditors etc.
• Preparation of Trustee agenda packs, including providing first draft of advice papers where needed or sourcing advice from external suppliers, following up on action points.
• Support for major pensions projects, such as valuations, buy-outs, pension change etc.
• Involvement in drafting member communications.
• Working with the administration team to ensure smooth transfers of staff (both joining and leaving Fujitsu) in respect of M&A activity. Also providing support in opening new sections of the Fujitsu Comparable Scheme when needed.
• To provide support on Trustee governance issues such as reviewing the risk registers, policies (such as conflicts and internal dispute resolution), business planning etc.
• Involvement in financial management of the pension arrangements, including trustee report & accounts, budgeting and cashflow planning.
• Investment support, including working with investment advisers to arrange Trustee training and transition management.
As a Pension Specialist your skills and qualifications will include:
• Substantial pensions experience, both defined benefit and defined contribution, which could be gained either through a consulting background or in-house.
• Knowledge of current legislation affecting occupational pension schemes. It is also vital that the Pension Specialist keeps up to date with any legislative changes and is able to determine whether any action is required to amend the rules of the Fujitsu Services arrangements to comply with new legislation.
• The Pension Specialist must hold a recognised professional pensions qualification, e.g. PMI (Dip), APMI or FPMI
• Excellent communication skills and able to communicate at all levels verbally and in writing.
• Strong analytical skills.
• The Pension Specialist must have experience of working in teams and with external suppliers and advisers.
• Good knowledge of PC products such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Fujitsu is a “People Company” and our success is built on the skills, knowledge and expertise of our people. You will be a positive, driven individual who thrives on challenges and constantly endeavours to deliver excellence and process improvement, both to your team, Fujitsu and our customers.
Competitive salary and benefit package.
Fujitsu is fully committed to the development of a diverse workforce. Therefore applications for employment are always fully considered, irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith, sexual orientation or part-time status.